In this policy, ‘personal information’ means information or opinions about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information.
The Information we Collect
In the course of doing business, ER Strategies may collect information about its clients or potential clients such as:-
- telephone numbers;
- credit card information; and
- email addresses
depending on the nature of the transaction with us.
Any information that personally identifies you may be used by ER Strategies to:
- inform you about products and services;
- improve the products and services we offer; and
- otherwise better meet the needs and preferences of our clients.
It should be clear why the information is being collected each time you are asked. For example, being asked to supply an address so a product can be shipped to you.
We will not collect from you any sensitive information revealing your race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health or disability. Exceptions to this include:
- where you have given express consent to ER Strategies to do so;
- the use of this information is authorised by law or is considered reasonably necessary to enforce the law; or
- when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
When you look at this web site, our Internet service provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes – the user’s server address, the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc), the date and time of visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited, and the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet service provider’s logs.
We will only record your email address if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will be added to a mailing list unless you request that this not occur. We will not use your email address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Generally we will only use and disclose your personal information:
- To establish and maintain your relationship as a client of Employee Relations Strategies, including providing you with newsletters, reports and other relevant information;
- To provide the services that you have requested from ER Strategies or to answer any enquiry that you may have;
- To advise you of training events, seminars or promotions;
- For direct marketing of products or services or new developments that we think may be relevant to your organisation.
However, in these circumstances, we will provide an express opportunity when we contact you to decline receiving from ER Strategies specified marketing communications via an opt-out mechanism;
To third parties where they are providing specialist services, which you have requested and ER Strategies cannot directly provide.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
ER Strategies may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personally identifiable information to the appropriate governmental authorities. If such a request is received, we will provide this information upon receipt of the appropriate documentation.
Personal information collected may be disclosed to third parties by Employee Relations Strategies, for example:
If you are informed at the time of collection of the information that such a disclosure may take place;
For purposes related to the purpose for which the information was collected, for example, to complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that you requested;
In some cases we contract with other companies to perform services for us.
Examples of this include:
- sending mail, faxes and emails;
- processing orders; providing marketing support;
- market research;
- debt collection agencies and storing back-up copies of our databases.
We will provide them only with such information about you as they need to perform their services, but we will impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on them in how they handle your personal information. Also, they will not be permitted to use information about you for any purpose except to perform the services we have asked them to provide.
We may share information about you with other business units across our group of companies so we can provide you with products and services you have requested, and in order that they or ER Strategies can bring you information about other products and services. We will require these other related companies to agree to strict conditions governing how this information will be used.
Access and Correction to Information we Hold About You
Where practicable you will have access to the information that you provide to us and can change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access. You may request this information by writing to:
ER Strategies Pty Ltd
Suite 5.04, 32 Delhi Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
or sending a message to us via our Online enquiry form.
Exceptions to this include:
- where providing access will provide a serious threat to life or health of any individual or pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual;
- your request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- where information relates to existing legal proceedings between ER Strategies and you; or
- where providing access would be unlawful or may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity.
Security Of Your Information Online
Data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products and services. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
We will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.