Coronavirus (COVID-19) has now been declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organisation. COVID-19 poses a substantial risk and challenge to the community, your business and the health of your employees. Commencing from 16 March 2020, all international travellers must self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival to Australia.
Below is some guidance and FAQs to help employers to deal with the increasing challenges likely to come from the COVID-19 outbreak. This includes practical measures a business should implement as soon as possible. Follow the links below for more information:
- What should a business do?
- Employer obligations in the event of an outbreak of illness at their workplace
- Employee entitlements if they become ill or need to be isolated?
- Risk Management Plan
- Develop an Employer Action Plan as soon as possible – a summary
- Information for Employers Impacted by the Government’s Latest Decisions Relating to COVID-19
- COVID-19 – To Stand Down or not to Stand Down
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Clients of ER Strategies are able to access resources by clicking here to log onto Online HR and clicking ‘Useful Links’.
- Non Clients can click here to download our free stand down letter template
As COVID-19 continues to impact every business in Australia, questions have been raised about stand downs, redundancies, holding onto staff, better use of staff that you have and what the right strategy is. Hear ER Strategies Director Steve Champion talk about all the issues and options by checking out our webinar here.
To access the webinar:
1. Fill out the register box on the right hand side of the screen.
2. Click on the blue register button.
3. Enter your email (the same one you registered with) and click the green JOIN button (towards the top of the page).
Information about the coronavirus pandemic
ER Strategies has been monitoring the development of COVID-19 closely. We are operating in unprecedented times and all businesses will have a responsibility to meeting their Work Health and Safety obligations, but also in following government advice to restrict the spread of the virus. We have put together a guide to help you navigate your obligations as an employer, employee entitlements during periods of isolation, assistance in ensuring your risk management plan is up-to-date and some frequently asked questions to help you answer employee questions during this time.
ER Strategies is committed to providing regular updates as the situation surrounding COVID-19 changes day by day. Follow the links above to view our latest updates.
As always, clients of ER Strategies can contact us on 1300 55 66 37 during business hours to discuss their specific matter.
Click here for background information about COVID-19 from the Australian Government.
Click here for travel restriction information from the Australian Government.
Up to date as at 1 April, 2020